Weekly update from the Supporters Trust...
This is the seventh of our weekly news communications. Hope you enjoy it.
Benefits and rewards package
Thank you again to those who have already signed up to the benefits and reward scheme. The success of this scheme is key to the future sustainability of our Club and we are extremely grateful for your continued support and commitment.
We continue to build the benefits attached to the scheme and hope this coupled with an easier way of adoption through our new Trust website will mean an increased uptake.
email@example.comFor more information on the scheme please visit the Trust website or send an email to
Fan engagement - Survey
This is now live and there is a link on the Trust and Club websites, as well as the message board.
The response to date has been encouraging. The survey is open for a few more weeks so please, if you have a spare moment, let us know your view.
Trust Open Meeting - 27th November 2015
Thank you to those that attended last Friday’s open meeting in a cold Rodney Hall!
We covered a number of subjects and answered questions from the floor.
The material and the video taken on the evening will be published, but in headline terms:
- Football League submission
- We have supplied everything requested of us and are awaiting feedback from our submission - We will share when we have something
- Financial position
- Nick Igoe shared a summary of the Governance we have put in place to ensure prudent controls around how the club is operated
- He also shared a comparison of performance from previous years and what we expect to outturn this year - pretty much a break even position
- Update on 90 day plan
- The majority of areas are being delivered to time
- Focus is now turning to planning for the democratic elections
- Previous Management team
- Settlement agreements have been agreed with all three
- It has been a difficult period as the contracts were heavily in favour of the previous management team and statutory demands had been issued for the total amount
- The club could not afford to meet this demand
- The Board engaged with the LMA to agree a settlement where payments were profiled over the termination lengths
- Cost of parting is circa £75K
- Payments are spread over 12 months for one of the party and 6 months for the other two
- Whilst this is still a considerable amount of money for our club the Board still believe it was the correct decision and have negotiated the best deal given the contracts it inherited.
We will be looking at different ways to increase attendance at these events - including linking to other events and potentially selecting a different day of the week.
If you have any thoughts on this please feel free to make contact through the usual routes.
Supporters Partnership Meetings
In the run up to the share offer one of the successful elements was meeting with the Heads of each of the Supporters Groups.
We are keen for this to continue and have asked our President David Hando to resurrect the Partnership meetings. The meetings will be supported by two Board members and the CEO along with a representative from each group.
David will be in touch to arrange the first meeting before Christmas.
The above will complement the Fan engagement strand of work being led by Lisa Savage.
FA CUP - Barnet - 5th December
This will be a crucial game for us so please try and come and support John and the team.
Tickets are on sale in the ticket office and you will also be able to pay on the day - please note though only cash will be taken.
Date for your diary
Newport County AFC Carol Service will be held on Thursday 10thDecember at 7pm at St John’s Church, Maindee. There will be readings by players, directors, management and supporters.
As usual, the City of Newport Male Choir and Eveswell School Choir will be in attendance.
The service will be led by Club Chaplain, Rev Keith Beardmore.
When buying presents why not give some free money to the club by buying through
There are over 2700 well known retailers involved, including Amazon, eBay, Argos, Next, John Lewis and Tesco. The club will benefit when you purchase through the scheme. This has served us well in the past and generated nearly £15K! So please consider it when you are buying.
In addition don't forget to visit the club shop for all your Newport County AFC Christmas gifts. There is lots to choose from so come and have a look and of course you can visit on line through the club website.
The supporters club are also holding the Children’s Christmas Party on Sunday 13th December. Please contact Bob Herrin on 07907 729831.
Our Friends at the Disabled supporters association (DSA) are starting a “buy a brick” fundraiser to raise money to improve the disabled facilities at Rodney Parade to include a new away disabled area and also to improve access to the home disabled viewing Platform.
firstname.lastname@example.orgIf you would like more information please email
It is fitting to end by congratulating John and the team for a great win in awful conditions on Saturday against Luton. A debut that Oliver McBurnie will probably never forget given his hat-trick.
It will likely stay in the minds of those fans that braved the conditions to watch our first league home win this season - many thanks to you all.
Thank you for your continued support.