We're looking for a full time Academy Manager who has a minimum of either UEFA A License, or A Youth License
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week (Weekend work is essential)
REPORTING TO: Board & First Team Manager
CONTRACTUAL: Permanent – subject to 3 months probationary period
The Academy Manager will be responsible for all aspects of running the Newport County AFC Academy and to produce players for the Newport County AFC First Team. The role is an essential part of the Clubs plans and the successful applicant will work closely with the First Team Management and oversee the Academy structure.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To actively support the EPPP requirements and ongoing reporting
- Guide the development of the Club’s Football Philosophy
- Draw up the Academy Performance Plan and oversee its implementation
- Oversee and implement the Academy Coaching Programme
- Oversee and manage the Academy budget
- Have responsibility for the fitness, coaching, tactical instruction and standard of players
- Comply with all reasonable directions given by the Board or representative person
- Liaise with the First Team Manager as and when required
- The Academy Manager shall at all times, comply with the Club’s Rules and Regulations, Policies and Procedures
- It is acknowledged that the Academy Manager may also have an important role as a Coach (ie. The club’s Youth Team), therefore time will be spent coaching and preparing for the relevant games programme. Manage and Delegate Academy team responsibilities.
- Be part of the clubs Technical Board, defining the Club and Academy philosophy and footballing issues.
- To be part of the Academy Management Committee, producing reports when required and to ensure the successful running of the Academy
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- UEFA A License or A Youth License is essential
- Youth module 3 and extended youth module desirable
- Up to date first aid and welfare certification
- IT literate and comfortable with all aspects of Microsoft Office
- Well organised, good communicator and Manager
The position is full time and based at the Club’s Academy Offices and training ground in Newport. The post holder will be required to perform their duties and or additional work or attend training outside of normal office hours and/or in different locations, either domestically or on occasions internationally.
HOW TO APPLY
If you wish to apply for this role please submit a CV and covering letter to email@example.com outlining how your skills match those required for the role.
- The deadline for all applications will be close of business (5pm) on 29th May 2015.
- Any applications received after this date will not be considered for the role.
- Applications must be supported by a letter detailing why the applicant believes they are a suitable candidate for the post and be accompanied with a CV.
- The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to two professional/personal references, to the satisfaction of Newport County AFC.
- The appointment is also subject to the completion of an enhanced DBS check to the satisfaction of Newport County AFC, this role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of offenders act 1974.