NCAFC are delighted to be supporting the 2019 Rainbow Laces campaign.
Over the last three years Rainbow Laces has helped to increase positive attitudes towards the LGBT community and celebrate inclusion in our game.
By uniting together to wear rainbow laces and badges, whilst also promoting the national campaign across the Football Club, we want to set an example in what represents the biggest-ever display of support for the LGBT community within football.
The Premier League and English Football League’s partnership with Stonewall is in its third season and across the country we are collectively working to -
- Achieve equality, diversity and inclusion across ever area of the Premier League and EFL operation and policies, including membership of Stonewall’s Global Diversity Champion programme.
- Reduce discriminatory abuse online and in our grounds by improving reporting and enforcement (including working with the Police and Crown Prosecution Service).
- Use the Rainbow Laces campaign to promote LGBT inclusion in football and engage with sports media.
- Increase the confidence and knowledge of player care professionals in supporting LGBT inclusion across the professional game.
- Embed LGBT acceptance and inclusion in the Premier League’s and EFL’s club community organisations and programmes, such as Premier League Kicks and Premier League Primary Stars.
We want all fans, players and communities to feel welcome and able to be themselves here at Newport County AFC.
Many LGBT people live and breathe sport but 40% still don’t think sport is welcoming. We can all work to make people feel more included – we’re at our best when we feel part of the team!
You can also join the conversation on Twitter by following @StonewallUK & @NewportCounty as well as using the hashtag #RainbowLaces
This is everyone’s game.