As stated in our communication issued on May 15 following the indicative decision of League Two clubs to end the 2019-20 season, Newport County AFC recognises many of our supporters will have questions regarding the next steps for the Club and football in general.
As we said on May 15, other than sharing regular updates from the EFL, the Board of Directors has taken the view that issuing statements ahead of any formal decision to end the season would be counter-productive and create distracting speculation while discussions are ongoing. As soon as a formal decision is made, the Club will issue a fuller statement.
The next meeting of EFL clubs is scheduled for Tuesday, June 9. Providing a formal decision is agreed at that meeting the Club then has a series of communications ready to release. These include:
• An open letter to supporters, including a comprehensive Q&A that covers many of
the queries supporters have raised with the Club
• Information for 2019-20 season ticket holders and supporters who purchased match
day tickets for any of our remaining 2019-20 games
• Information for supporters who sponsored players’ shirts for the 2019-20 season
• End of season awards for 2019-.20
• The list of players retained and released by the Club
• Season ticket sales for 2020-21
• Match day ticket sales for 2020-21
• Plans for 2020-21 shirt sponsorship
• Announcement of our new kit supplier
• Retail Plans
• Launch of the 2020-21 kit
We will review the timing of the communications plan if no formal decision is made on the ending of the 2019-20 season on June 9.
Once again, the Club would like to thank all our fantastic supporters for their patience during these difficult times. Please stay safe.