Newport County AFC this morning took part in a video meeting of all EFL clubs.
Clubs approved resolutions to amend current EFL regulations to facilitate curtailment of the 19/20 season if individual divisions voted to do so, as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Following this morning’s video meeting League Two clubs met this afternoon to consider whether the season should be curtailed. League Two Clubs formally voted to end the 2019-20 regular playing season.
As we stated in our communication on 4 June, now there is certainty over the end of the season, the Club will be releasing a series of communications it has been working on for several weeks.
Over the next fortnight, starting tomorrow, the following communications will be issued via all Club channels:
• Information for 2019-20 season ticket holders and supporters who purchased match
day tickets for any of our remaining 2019-20 games;
• Information for supporters who sponsored players’ shirts for the 2019-20 season;
• End of season awards for 2019-20;
• An open letter to supporters, including a comprehensive Q&A that covers many of
the queries supporters have raised with the Club;
• Plans for 2020-21 shirt sponsorship;
• Announcement of our new kit supplier;
• Season ticket sales for 2020-21;
• Match day ticket sales for 2020-21;
• Retail plans;
• The list of players retained and released by the Club;
• Launch of the 2020-21 kit.
The Club would once again like to thank all our fantastic supporters for their patience during these difficult times. Please stay safe.