Newport County AFC are looking to add to their well-established medical team, with the addition of a new, full-time, junior Physiotherapist to work alongside the Senior Physiotherapist & First Team Sports Therapist.
The main purpose of the role is to aid in the assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation of all First Team & Development players, as well as assisting in the provision of pitch-side first aid and injury prevention strategies.
• To assist with the daily assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation of first team & development players at Newport County AFC.
• To provide pitch-side medical cover for first team training sessions & development team games. To assist in the provision of emergency first aid during first team fixtures as required.
• To assist with the provision of injury prevention strategies for first team & development team players, reporting back to Sports Science and Medicine staff and Coaches as required.
• To liaise with the First Team Sports Therapist to plan, implement, oversee, and review regular anthropometric measurements of first team players throughout the season.
• To liaise with the Senior Physiotherapist and First Team Sports Therapist on the design and delivery of injury prevention & conditioning programmes/strategies in line with the long-term physical objectives for first team and development players.
• Ensure all medical emergency equipment is audited on a weekly basis and serviced in line with manufactures standards.
• To ensure medical consumables are well stocked & lead on further developing existing relationships with external suppliers.
• To collate weekly, monthly, and yearly injury audits for first team & development players with assistance from the Senior Physiotherapist.
• Ensure all medical records are completed & stored in line with HCPC and CSP guidelines.
• Contribute to the CPD and development programme for staff within the Sports Science and Medicine department.
• All employees may be required to undertake any other duties as may be reasonably requested.
• Minimum of BSc. (Hons) in Physiotherapy.
• HCPC accredited practitioner.
• Qualification in, or desire to work towards the FA Advanced Trauma Medical Management in Football (ATMMiF) or equivalent.
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbally.
• Confident, self-motivated, and able to work independently under pressure.
• Ability to work collaboratively with players and staff.
• Sound knowledge of manual & soft tissue therapy skills, with experience of dealing with musculoskeletal injury as either a student or qualified practitioner.
• Sound knowledge of injury prevention methods and recovery strategies.
• Ability to educate, advise and motivate individuals.
• Demonstrate up to date knowledge of the current evidence-based practice in Sports Physiotherapy and implement this within practice.
• Candidates must be flexible and be willing to work hours as necessary to carry out their duties. This will include evening & weekend work as required.
• Experience of working in a professional sport setting advantageous but not essential.
• A full UK drivers’ licence and access to your own vehicle would be advantageous.
• An understanding of using Benchmark 54.
• An understanding of using the FA Anti-doping Whereabouts system.
Newport County AFC is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to endorse this commitment.
This post requires Enhanced Criminal Records Checks and may include checks against the Barred Lists, as such it is exempt from Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Therefore, all convictions including spent convictions that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS should be declared”. Relevant information and / or documents will be distributed as part of the recruitment process.
Equality & Diversity Statement
Note that we are seeking to diversify our workforce in particular by ethnicity, gender and sexual orientation and would encourage applications from these demographics. Newport County is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves. We will support staff from different backgrounds to create the best environment for us all to prosper together.
Should be made by email to the Senior Physiotherapist, Tom.Gittoes@Newport-County.co.uk before 17:00 on Tuesday 10th May 2022 and should include:
-An up-to-date CV including details two references and all relevant qualifications and experience.
-A brief covering letter detailing why you are the right candidate for Newport County AFC. Please see the attached Job Description for further details regarding this role.
A provisional interview date has been set for Thursday 12th May 2022.