Match Report : 22/11/2014

MATCH REPORT: Bury 1-3 County

County travelled to the JD Stadium on Saturday afternoon to face Bury in the Sky Bet Football League 2. A hat trick from Aaron O'Connor sealed the three points for County.

County started brightly and instantly silenced the Bury crowd, great play between Lee Minshull and Chris Zebroski played in Aaron O'Connor who finished neatly into the bottom corner to give County the lead just 3 minutes in. A great start for County, but they instantly had to defend, Danny Rose's looping header was safely watched over the bar by Joe Day.

Just moments later Nicky Adams managed to direct his shot towards the top right hand corner, but it was inches wide of the County goal and away for a goal kick. Chris Zebroski did have the ball in the back of the Bury net from a County corner but the referee had already blown for a free kick.

Curtis Obeng, who extended his stay with County in midweek, put a teasing cross into the box with 17 minutes gone, Aaron O'Connor inches away from doubling County's tally. Bury skipper McNulty was next to go close for the hosts, his header wide of the target. Just past the half hour mark and Chris Zebroski received treatment for a head injury.

With two minutes to go before half time County doubled their lead, Aaron O'Connor was quickest to react to a mix up in the Bury defence, the ball falling to O'Connor who slotted home to make it 2-0 to County. In first half stoppage time Danny Mayor went close to pulling a goal back, but his goal went safely out for a goal kick.

HALF TIME: Bury 0-2 County

Bury came out fighting at the start of the second half and Joe Day was called into action just five minutes in, Day getting down well to save from a Danny Rose shot from the edge of the area. Nicky Adams had an attempt at goal just seconds later but it curled wide and away for a goal kick. Bury pressure was continuing, Ryan Lowe was next to go close for Bury, his header was just wide.

Just past the hour mark and Bury were back in the game, Danny Rose cutting the deficit with a shot from the edge of the area. County were straight on the offensive but Loach was equal to both Aaron O'Connor and Zebroski's shots at goal. Nicky Adams fired over from just outside the area as Bury looked to level the game. 

With ten minutes left the ball flashed past the County goal, missing everyone and eventually going out for a goal kick. The game started to flare up and with 7 minutes remaining there was a heavy challenge on Max Porter, the County player being caught late with the referee allowing play to continue.

The fourth official signalled five minutes of added time at the end of the second half and Joe Day was called into action following a free kick that was heading into the top right hand corner. As we entered the 94 minute of the game the three points were sealed, Aaron O'Connor taking the ball around the keeper to slot home and seal the win for County.

FULL TIME: Bury 1-3 County