Newport County AFC is seeking to recruit an Accounts & Administration Assistant to assist predominately with the Clubs Accounts, Ticketing and Retail operations, as well as undertake basic day to day duties.
The individual will require experience of accounts inputting and processing, as well as a strong understanding of Sage Accounting software.
The full time role which will be based at Newport Stadium will income responsibilities within the following areas:
- Inputting and processing of sales and purchase invoices into the Club’s Sage accounting system, as well as assisting with other accounts-based tasks.
- To oversee the preparation and reconciliation of all floats included by not limited to ticketing, retail, Half Time Draw, Academy and petty cash.
- Assist with the administration of the Club’s Lottery ensuring compliance and communication activities are undertaken on a weekly basis.
- To assist with the planning and administration of the Club’s ticketing requirements including home and away matches and Season Tickets.
- To manage match by match ticket processes and relationships with other football clubs and the Stadium Ticket Office.
- Reconciliation of match ticket sales and gate statements.
- Match day sales duties required on an as and when basis.
- To oversee retail purchase orders, floats, stock takes and reconciliations.
- Work with the Commercial Manager to identify, source and order new products and revenue streams for the Club Shop.
- Answering of phones, monitoring of central email accounts and dealing with general enquiries and complaints.
- Administration of the Club’s Volunteering Programme, ensuring all records are relevant and up to date and volunteers are provided with relevant information on a match by match basis.
Interested applicants should write to or email to the Club outlining their skills and experiences in the form of a C.V, as well as a Cover Letter outlining their suitability for the role.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Tuesday 3rd April 2018.
Interviews will take place in the week commencing 9th April 2018.
Application Postal Address: Newport County AFC, Newport Stadium, Velodrome Way, Newport, NP19 4RA.
Email Application: firstname.lastname@example.org
A full Job Description and Specification for the role can be found here.
Newport County AFC is committed to being an equal opportunities provider and welcomes applicants from all members of the community.