We're looking for a full-time Academy Manager who has a minimum of either UEFA A License, or A Youth License.
JOB TITLE: Academy Manager
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week (Weekend work is essential)
REPORTING TO: Board & First Team Manager
CONTRACTUAL: Permanent – subject to 3 months probationary period
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities and duties of the Academy Manager shall include:
- Delivering all aspects of EPPP requirements
- Implementing the Club’s Football Philosophy as developed by the first team manager
- Being Accountable for the successful delivery of the Academy Performance Plan
- Accountability for the implementation of the Academy Coaching Programme
- Responsibility for the fitness, coaching, tactical instruction and welfare of players
- Leading a cross functional team of both full and part time nature
- Close working with other Departments throughout the club including the Board of Directors
- The Academy Manager will also have a Coaching role (ie. the Club’s Youth Team (U18)), therefore time will be spent coaching and preparing that team.
- To be part of the Academy Governance Group where Academy performance will be monitored
- Responsibility for maintaining relationships with key stakeholders including but not limited to parents, local grass roots football and respective associations
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- UEFA A License or A Youth License is essential
- Youth module 3 and extended youth module desirable
- Up to date first aid and welfare certification
- IT literate and comfortable with all aspects of Microsoft Office
- Well organised, good communicator and Manager
The position is full time and based at the Club’s Academy Offices and training ground in Newport.
The post holder will be required to perform their duties and or additional work or attend training outside of normal office hours and/or in different locations, either domestically or on occasions internationally.
HOW TO APPLY
If you wish to apply for this role, please submit a CV and covering letter to Guy.Price@newport-county.co.uk outlining how your skills match those required for the role.
Newport County AFC is an equal opportunities employer and all candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work within the UK. Suitable BAME candidates meeting the job proﬁle & performance criteria will be included in short-listings and interviewed for the vacant position.
The deadline for all applications will be close of business (5pm) on 29th March 2019.
Any applications received after this date will not be considered for the role.
Applications must be supported by a letter detailing why the applicant believes they are a suitable candidate for the post and be accompanied with a CV.
The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to two professional/personal references, to the satisfaction of Newport County AFC.
The appointment is also subject to the completion of an enhanced DBS check to the satisfaction of Newport County AFC, this role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of offenders act 1974.