Newport County AFC is recruiting for the role of marketing manager to lead its digital transformation and sponsorship/partnership activation programme.
The marketing manager will be responsible for creating, delivering and managing regular marketing campaigns across the football club, with a particular focus on digital and email marketing. The successful candidate will have experience of website and CRM platforms in order to utilise and grow a passionate and loyal fanbase, with the aim of increasing the club’s commercial revenue and improving communication with its supporters.
The marketing manager will also take the lead in ensuring the club’s partners and sponsors receive the best service possible to satisfy and maximise their agreed assets. Long-term relationships with our sponsors and partners must be a key priority for the club going forward.
Full-time (including matchdays when required).
Office-based at Rodney Parade Stadium, Newport (although there is some flexibility for hybrid working).
Dependent on experience. This is a mid-level role.
- Build on a seasonal marketing strategy currently being formalised in line with the club’s developing brand guidelines and core values. Emphasis will be on retail, ticketing, hospitality, commercial and fan communications/engagement.
- Be responsible for ensuring that marketing campaigns are developed and delivered effectively, within agreed timescales and on budget.
- Support and develop the management of the club’s lottery programme.
- Work with the wider team to improve the matchday experience, including hospitality and executive boxes.
- Delivery of key events such as season ticket launches and new kit/retail releases.
- Identify and implement strategies to increase the size of the fanbase, match attendance and supporter database.
- Lead and deliver the club’s digital marketing strategy and activity.
- Work closely with the club’s Supporters Trust to identify areas for improvements in the matchday fan experience, supporter feedback and communication between the club and its fans.
- Work closely and build an excellent long-term working relationship with club and EFL partners/sponsors to satisfy and maximise their agreed assets.
- Work closely with the club’s media manager and take the lead on writing and promoting commercial and business activities such as ticketing, retail, hospitality and sponsorship opportunities on the official website and social media channels, including LinkedIn.
Experience & Qualifications
- Marketing degree (not essential) or equivalent - or the ability to demonstrate relevant industry experience.
- Experience of writing, managing, and delivering integrated marketing campaigns by utilising a full range of marketing tools and channels.
- Good knowledge of football or sport is desirable, but not essential.
Skills and personal attributes
- Ability to articulate and build relationships internally and externally.
- A high standard of organisational skills.
- Is confident yet humble.
- A team player with honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Has a positive can-do attitude with a good personality.
- Ability to prioritise, work to deadlines and be strong analytically and insight focused. Have good reporting skills with an understanding of KPIs.
- Excellent IT skills with working knowledge of the MS Office suite and marketing software, including CRM platforms.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and excellent written and verbal skills.
Newport County is currently a Supporters Trust-owned club that has refused to die on numerous occasions since its formation in 1912. It is a proud club with a fighting spirit true to its honest, working-class roots.
There are exciting times ahead at Rodney Parade and we need the right people on board to help the club achieve its goals.
To apply for the marketing manager role, please email your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. State ‘Marketing Manager’ in the subject line of your email. Please include salary expectations for guidance in your covering letter.
The deadline for applications is September 1, 2023.
Newport County AFC is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants for employment will be regarded equally and will be given equal opportunities irrespective of race, colour, nationality, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or ethnic origin.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community where we can all be ourselves. We will support staff from different backgrounds to create the best environment for us all to prosper together.
Newport County AFC is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to endorse this commitment. As such, the post holder may be subject to additional reference requests, online searches and DBS background checks as required.